I spent my first night away from Cole this weekend! I went to the Beth Moore - Living Proof Conference in Boise. My mom, sister -Jenny, aunts, cousins, and friends of ours stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown and had a girls weekend out! The conference was Friday night and then again Saturday morning. In between we went out to eat, shopped, and just had fun being together! It's so nice to have such a fabulous husband that I didn't even worry once about Cole! (Thanks honey!)
(pic above: Aunt Lona, Sarah (cousin), Jenny, my mom, me)
The conference was fabulous! For anyone who has done any Beth Moore Bible studies or has heard her speak, you know how much God speaks through her and how awsome she is! She spoke about the fact that God has entrusted each of us, no matter where you come from, who you are, or what your circumstances, with extraordinary gifts! And because of that, we need to gaurd those gifts and get out there are use them for His glory! She teaches straight from the Bible and really dives in and gets into the truth of it! The lessons were from 2 Timothy 1: 6-7 and 12-14. My favorite is verse 7 - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." I just think that is so awsome! I think for women especially, fear can become so consuming and our minds can just run away with us! To know that God has given me power over fear, a spirit to truly love God, myself, and others, and to have control over my mind is an incredible thing! He gives us those three things so that we can use them in getting out there and doing what he intended us to do! I love that he has given me the ability to accomplish great things and trusts me to do them! I'm so glad that I can trust him to help me when I stumble and fumble along the way. God is awsome!!!
It was such a great time of encouragement, worship, fun, and relaxation! I was reminded again too of how truly blessed I am to have the heritage of faith I do and my mom as such an incredible mentor! God has really placed so many strong Christian women in my life to help me along the way and I'm so thankful! It was so much fun to do some shopping and go out to eat without a 1 1/2 year old too, a well needed breather and refresher!!!
By the way, if you haven't done a Beth Moore study, I highly recommend them! It's a great way to get into the Bible and she truly is a gifted teacher! I've done the Living Beyond Yourself study on the fruit of the spirit and it was amazing! Check the Living Proof website out at www.lproof.org!
2 comments:
oh! I wish I could have come! And I'm glad you have pictures--I've been wanting to see Jen's cute haircut for weeks! :)
Sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing better than being spiritually fed with the most important women in your life, huh?~
Post a Comment