.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Updates!


We've had a great weekend! Mason's bilirubin level was lower on Friday than it's been so far and we got to take him out from under the lights for the weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner and to the mall and Cabela's just because we wanted to go somewhere! It was so nice. The best part though was being able to hold him whenever we wanted. We even got to take him to church for the first time today!

In the last week Mason did end up having a blood transfusion on Tuesday, which went really well, and actually he has better color and energy since then. We thought we just had a super mellow baby, but he's showing his true colors now:-) We keep saying he got some feisty blood since now he is making sure to let us know when he is hungry and just being noisier and awake more! We have his bilirubin checked again on tomorrow (Monday) morning and will hopefully be able to keep him out for good now! I'm preparing myself for it to go up though and have to put him back under the lights just so I'm not totally crushed if it happens. It very likely could still be an up and down game for a while longer. God knew that I needed a little break though so he gave us the weekend off!

We had fun taking Cole to the park to play today too. He's hasn't been able to get out much either so it was fun to go on a family walk and get the dogs some exercise as well. We'll keep you updated and hopefully be able to now get some pictures other than goggle/diaper/light bed pics! Here's a couple I took over the weekend!



Mason in the beautiful cradle Grandpa Bucher made!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What cute little nephews I have! I just keep thinking how excited I am to be able to hold Mason again once he's able to stay out from under those darn lights. I'm sure the whole family (on both sides) are thinking the exact same thing.

Missy Small said...

so, clearly I need to finish up his afghan and get it in the mail! I'm glad he can snuggle up with Cole's until I do, though! what fun pictures!