.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Friday, January 9, 2009

This week...

Thought I'd give a recap of the events of this week. It has been great having 2 boys and I'm loving it! I feel like we're settling into a nice "routine" and getting used having Mason in our lives - awsome!

The other day I was feeling like I was becoming a pro at being the mom of 2! Mason was sleeping, Cole was playing quietly in his room, and I was getting some vacuuming done before fixing lunch. I should have gotten a clue from the fact that Cole was playing quietly in his room. I went in to check on him and found that he had discovered the zipper on the bottom of his bean bag chair! There were tiny styrofoam beads all over the floor of his room! I must be growing as a mom because despite my frustration, I still went to find the camera for a picture:-) He thought it was great to have "snow" inside and as he was rolling in them said "Look mom, I'm laying on these!" The joy of being a 2 year old!

Another day we made brownies. I got a step stool for my birthday and to Cole it is his step stool whenever I am making something in the kitchen. He is now able to pronounce his "s" sound when asking to use it, as before he would say "Mom, can I tand on my tep tool?" And of course brownies help to melt away the post baby pounds so it was good for me too:-)

Mason will be a month old on Sunday and I can't believe how fast it has gone! He's been sleeping so well at night and getting up once around 3am to eat and then will get up again at 6:30-7am for the morning. Lucky me, I'm now getting about 7-8 hours of sleep with only one nightly interruption! It feels great!!! He's cooing a little bit and loves to be talked to. He looks very intently at whoever is talking to him and will often reward them with a big smile! I really need to capture more of those on camera.

Life is going great at the Bucher household and we're thankful for every minute! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What handsome boys you have! I can't believe how big they're both getting.

Jenny said...

I love my little nephews! I lot how Mason is just so grunty and noisy! He's so cute. Cole too.

The Palmers said...

That is hilarious about the bean bag chair. I think every bean bag ends up like that! It's even better that you got pictures. I am so glad that you are getting good sleep. I am praying that it continues :)v

Krissi said...

You are showing your true patience and the essence of being a mom when you go get the camera when something like the beanbag happens. Good thing you already had the vacuume out. ;-) It really is a good feeling when you get back to feeling normal and in a routine.