
Yesterday we found that we had a little visitor in our yard. A baby bird had somehow lost it's way and wound up in one of our bushes in our backyard. I think that it was just learning how to fly but didn't yet know how to get home. We were able to keep the dogs from noticing it and watched as the mama bird sat in the tree next to it and "talked" to her baby. I'm sure she was saying, "Now don't you move or those dogs will come have you for lunch!" We put the dogs inside and let Cole have a closer look without disturbing it. He kept saying "baby bird, baby bird". Once we all went inside, we saw the mama bird come down and feed her baby. (never mind that the baby is pretty much the same size as it's mom; they grow up so fast - ha, ha, ha) This morning I looked out and saw it sitting on the top of our fence being fed by it's mom again. It was gone when we got home from church. Our hope of course is that it finally learned how to fly and went home with it's family, not that it fell off the fence and was a doggie snack:-( We'll think the best and picture it safe and sound in it's nest!
1 comment:
He's so cute!
How is Adam's book Bringing Up Boys? I've heard that's a good read...
Post a Comment