.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easter







I love Easter!  I think it is so fun to dress the boys in cute little church outfits, watch them open their Easter baskets, have a delicious ham dinner with family, search for the golden egg like I'm a kid again, and enjoy a fun Sunday with my family!  The best part though, is the opportunity it gives me to teach my kids one of the greatest lessons and stories they can learn.  The fact that God sent his only son to die on the cross is unfathomable to me.  I can't imagine letting one of my boys come to any kind of harm, no matter how many people it might help.  It is an incredible lesson in the unconditional love our Savior has for us!  And then he rose from the dead to conquer sin and death so that we can be free and live with him in heaven one day!  I am amazed that we don't have to earn this gift by doing good deeds, by being perfect, or by anything we can try to do.  It is GRACE!  Nothing I deserve, but something He was so willing to give me!  I love the fun parts of Easter but am so incredibly thankful that it is so much more than bunnies, eggs, and candy.  As my kids quote from an Easter book we have... "It's all about God's son!"
(Kade was happy about his Easter goodies, but definitely NOT about getting his picture taken)

No comments: