 |
| Our strawberry shortcake sunday for dessert! |
On May 25th Adam and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! Even though it seems like twice that long that we've been together, it seems like 10 years has flown by since we got married! We been together for almost half our lives, I guess that's what happens when you start dating at 16.
 |
| Hotel room pic:-) |
To celebrate we went up to Coeur d'Alene for a long weekend. My brother Casey and his wife Kim live up North in Potlatch, ID. They had actually been asking us to come up and drop the boys off with them for a weekend so we thought, why on earth shouldn't we take them up on that! They have no idea what to expect so we might just get one shot at this:-) So we went up on a Friday and stayed the first night at their house which was so much fun to see where they live and spend time with them. Then we left Friday morning to Coeur d'Alene and left the boys with Uncle Casey and Auntie Kim for a weekend of chaos and fun!
 |
| Putting on the floating green. |
 |
| Kade, kicking back on the trip home. Silly boy! |
 |
| Cole with his switchblade comb we brought him from our trip. |
 |
| Mason, excited about his switchblade comb! |
While in Coeur d'Alene we did some shopping, nice dinners out, lazy mornings (even though our parent brains are rigged to wake up at 7am), and a little golf. We found a fun little restaraunt by Hauser Lake called Chef in the Forrest where I had halibut and Adam had steak and prawns. Really good food and a beautiful setting. Another night we at at Tony's on the Lake which had great Italian food and then went to the Dockside at the Coeur d'Alene resort for a gigantic strawberry shortcake sunday for dessert! Adam golfed the Coeur d'Alene resort golf course which was gorgeous and made it onto the floating green. I rode along in the cart, took pictures, and read/watched movies on my ipad. I did wonder at times why I wasn't getting a massage or shopping but I hated to waste 4 hours of time with my hubby on our anniversary weekend!
 |
| The floating green |
 |
| Adam had his own caddie while playing golf, I don't know if he'll be able to go back to normal now! |
It was such a fun time and I remembered all the reasons why I married Adam and love him so much. We have so much fun together and it's nice to remember that underneath 3 kids, 2 jobs, and all the other business life give us, we have an incredible marriage! I am incredibly thankful for my husband and can't wait for the life we have ahead of us.
On Monday we went back to pick up the kids and relieve my shell-shocked brother and sister-in-law. I think they had a blast but it was definitely an eye opener for them. I reminded them that when you have kids you usually start out with 1 at a time:-) They even said they'd do it again sometime, with a decent amount of time inbetween. We are very thankful to them for watching the boys and giving us a much needed break and our boys LOVED it!
2 comments:
Happy 10 years to an amazing couple....we love you guys! And are SO jealous you got a weekend away :-)
I'm so glad you had a good time! You made an awfully good pick with Adam--I'm so happy to have him for a bro-in-law (and you for a sis, of course!).
P.S. Jason referred to the weekend as "The One Where Casey and Kim Put Off Having Kids for a Few More Years."
Post a Comment