.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cole Turns 5 Years Old!






I can't believe I have a 5 year old! That is the one thing that makes me feel like time has flown by. I can remember finding out I was pregnant with him and can remember being pregnant for the first time. I remember him being born, holding him for the first time, and doting on my first baby! Now, he wants nothing to do with being a baby!!! He is all big boy and sometimes wants to be much older than he is... slow down, cowboy.
He just had his 5 year check up and his stats are as follows: 43.3 lbs and 44 1/4 inches tall. He told Dr. Gee he likes to play outside, go for walks, and ride his bike. He is really getting into legos and building sets and just made a motorized car out of the erector set he got for his birthday. We're doing home preschool and he amazes me all the time! He can read most 3 letter words and is working on 4 letter words. He can say, write, read, and sound out all the letters of the alphabet and is working on letter combos. He is doing easy addition problems and loves science. He also loves to help me in the kitchen with baking and is great at measuring out my ingredients... and tasting them:-) Kade absolutely adores him and smiles and laughs at everything he does. Mason also looks up to him and I can tell they will be great friends. At this time he likes to boss Mason around a little more than Mason would like, but they love playing together. He amazes me as a fisherman and can't wait until he is old enough to hunt with his dad. He also has really taken to swimming, especially after a week in Park City swimming in the hotel pool every day!

For his birthday this year Adam was up at elk camp hunting for a week. So, my mom and I decided to do a little tirp of our own and go to Park City, Utah where she has a time share. It was fabulous and Cole really got into spending his birthday deciding what we got to do all day. Morning at the pool, shopping with gift card at Walmart, building lego helicopter while watching Despicable Me in hotel, playing Ticket to Ride with Granny on her ipad, going out to Mexican food for dinner (where he ordered a cheeseburger), going to the hotel pool again, and ending the night with a popcorn party and the movie Soul Surfer. What a day! He kept saying, "It's my birthday so I'm the boss, all day long!" I had to remind him that I was the overall boss but he got to dictate most of our activities! The next day he asked, "Am I still 5?" and "When will it be my birthday again?" I think it was a hit!
Once we got back into town we had a birthday party with our families and some friends. We went to POJO's, one of Cole's favorite spots. I had gotten some Living Social deals for tokens and ride tickets so each friend got to have some in their goodie bag. I made cookie pops (a family effort to decorate), and had rootbeer floats and cream puffs at the party. It was a great party and Cole was so blessed to have such great friends and family there to celebrate with him!













Birthday sombrero, Ole!



The "gamers", Granny on her ipad and Cole on her iphone



Birthday presents, Mason gave him the sunglasses


Birthday fish from Granny

2 comments:

Missy Small said...

Fun pictures! I can't believe he's five, either. I still have a picture of him at 3 months or something on my dresser and I think, is that Cole?!?

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Great post Shaanti- it's hard to believe he is 5. Love the cookies, so cute! Looks like he had a great birthday, sorry we missed it :-(