We headed west to the Oregon Coast for the 4th of July for the 1st of our every 5 year family reunions. Growing up we went to the beach every year over the 4th but since we've been out of our parents house, married, and with jobs/kids, etc. it's been much harder to get there. I haven't been there for the 4th for about 8 years! So we decided to make it an every 5 year gig so that people would know ahead and could try to make plans. It's fun to get to see all my aunts and uncles and cousins that I don't see very often.
We rented a house down the street from the beach house to accomodate my parents, siblings, and us which was really nice. We had the usual events: lap sit, hot dog and smores roast, games on the beach, talent show, and some free time to hit up the outlet malls. This year we added portrait painting, which was really fun to see everyone's artistic side. We also snuck in a girls night to see Eclipse... loved it:-)
The boys absolutely loved their time there, playing on the beach and getting to see all the cousins. We lit off fireworks too, hoping they were legal ones. Cole thought that was great though he is always his cautious self and kept his distance when needed. Mason on the other hand goes right ahead with whatever interests him at the moment... like grabbing the sparkling end of a sparkler and running straight for the ocean as soon as I put him down in the sand! I love going to the beach, it brings back so many fun memories from when I was young and I'm so glad I get to bring my kids so they can have those same memories as they grow up!








No comments:
Post a Comment