.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was supposed to work and though I've been working every other Thanksgiving for the last 7 1/2 years, it still is a bummer to have to work a holiday. At about 5am that morning though, work called to say I could just be on call for the day instead of coming in. Yeah!!! I called Adam's mom who was supposed to come over and watch the boys while Adam went duck hunting and went back to sleep. At about 6:30 work called again to say I could just have the day off, no on-call business. I was so happy to stay home with my family on Thanksgiving day!

We went over to Adam's parents just after noon. My Grandpa Johnson came too since my parents were in Hawaii (poor guys) and we spent the afternoon grazing on snacks, awaiting the big meal! It was worth the wait! We had way too much food as usual and stuffed ourselves silly. Keith and Michelle came over for pie after they ate dinner with her family and we all sat around looking at the ads, wondering if we should get up at 5am to do some shopping. It was a fun thought, but the bed eventually won the battle and Adam and I hit a few stores after 10am!

Overall it was a successful day and we have soooooooo much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Adam, what's with the quizical look?

Krissi said...

Those 2 have the same exact look on their faces! Hilarious! Glad your Thanksgiving was so fun.