.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Garden!

I'm planting a garden this year! A couple of my friends decided to start planting seeds inside in order to transplant them into the garden later this spring. I have wanted to plant a garden for a couple of years now and decided that now is as good a time as any. After seeing all the seeds I bought, Adam asked if I thought we owned 10 acres or something! So I may have gone slightly overboard but oh well, I got the 10 cent seeds, no harm done! I've got lots of Zinnias growing right now (most of the green sprouts you see to the right) and my 2 little cucumber plants just came up yesterday! My herb garden is actually looking pretty good too (above picture)! I've got basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, chives, and parsley. The chives and parsley haven't shown their faces yet but the rest are coming right up! In my vegetable garden I've got tomatoes, squash, zuchinni, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and watermelon (of course!).  I've got beans, peas, corn, and a few others to plant later too. I know, I've got high hopes but if I start out big, I'll at least get something, right?!? Well, I'm at least hoping to have some really good BLT's this summer and maybe a good watermelon! It's really fun to watch the little sprouts come up and feel like I'm


actually growing something! God really knew what he was doing when he came up with all this! It's pretty cool! I'm anxious for Cole to get old enough to watch things grow and not want to pull them all out:-) Anyways, I'll keep you updated, see Adam about putting bets on how much I'll be able to keep alive!

2 comments:

Missy Small said...

awesome garden! you are ambitious--i was seriously JUST talking about what to grow in a garden this year, and jason warned me to stick to tomatoes and zucchini for this year. :) of course, you have gramps there to offer help and advice. i'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

We'll bring the meat to the BBQ this summer if you'll make the salad! :-) Looks like fun!