.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Goodbye Crib!

We are now a cribless household.  We've had the baby room set up the same way for almost 7 years and now, it's emptied of it's airplane and star wall hangings, the changing table, and the crib.  It's a really nice feeling to get rid of some of those bigger, space consuming baby items now that we're done having babies.  But it's a little sad at times to say, "We're done.".  I'm completely content with my little brood of boys.  I've babysat my little 4 month old nephew and my 7 month old niece recently.  And I can honestly say, the baby fever did not hit me!  I've held friends babies and snuggled them tight, but did not want to take them home.  However sure I am in my decision to be a family of 5, it's still a bit sad to know I won't ever rock my own newborn again or peek into the crib on my sleeping baby.  Anyways, enough of the emotional mish-mash.  I'm happy to say, we now have 3 big boys in 3 big boy beds!
We had loaned our queen bed to Adam's parents to use at their cabin while we were in crib and bunk bed mode.  They brought it home this weekend and we did a room swap.  We took the bunk beds apart and put the queen bed in the "nursery".  Now Cole gets to be the oldest in his own room for a while and he thinks that's pretty cool!  He was making rules and telling Mason, "I just need my privacy."  I think we're gonna have to make some rules of our own and watch out for "STAY OUT" signs!  Mason was a little sad to see Cole go and said he was going to miss him.  We talked to him about being the big brother in his room now and he started to think that might be kind of cool.  Hopefully he can be helpful and encourage Kade to stay in his bed tonight!  Kade tried out his new big boy, twin bed for his nap this afternoon and after getting up one time, slept a good 2 1/2 hours without problems!!!  Yeah!  I'm sure it the novelty of it and he'll get over that but I'm hoping it lasts for bedtime too.  He excitedly climbed up and into bed himself and got under the covers.  He looked so small in there, but so happy.  I'm sure in the next few days we'll have to start the smack down on staying in bed but for tonight, it's exciting to have a room switch up and my last baby in a big boy bed!











Next step, potty training!  I'm not pushing that one yet:-)




1 comment:

Missy Small said...

I hope you survived the night! I think congrats are in order for being a crib-less family! (She writes as her own boy is supposed to be napping but is clearly standing up at the end of his own crib, chewing on it and throwing his binky overboard. Sigh.) :)