We had a great Christmas season for 2011! It's so much fun to celebrate Christmas as the kids get older and are understanding more of what Christmas is all about. The excitement on their faces at seeing all the decorations everywhere we go and having lots of fun activities to go to is great. Of course it's also really fun to have them begin to realize that those things are not the best part of Christmas. Cole and Mason were both really excited to celebrate Jesus' birthday and are able to start to understand and appreciate the Christmas Story.
Here are some fun things we did over the holidays:- Started things off with cutting down our Christmas tree in High Valley Thanksgiving weekend, after a fun Thanksgiving at the Bucher cabin.


- Went to the Botanical Gardens "Winter Garden a Glow" for Adam's office Christmas party.
- Celebrated Christmas with the Bunn crew and a fun white elephant gift exchange.
- Went to the cabin with the Johnson fam for Christmas!
I slacked on writing a Christmas letter this year for fear that I wouldn't get them out until Valentine's Day! So I'll write a summary of our year here.
We've had a wonderful year this year. The biggest blessing was the joining of our youngest son to our family. Kade Phillip Bucher was born on February 6th, 2011, weighing in at 8 lbs and 20 1/2 inches. He is now 11 months and is absolutely wonderful! He is crawling and pulling himself up everywhere and is taking a few steps on his own. He just needs to braven up a bit and decide to venture out on his own, then I'll really be in for it! He has 2 bottom teeth and I think has more to come soon, for all the drooling he is doing. He has a sweet cuddly personality and pretends to be a shy guy to new people. He is our blonde baby and is just a sweet little angel!
Mason turned 3 (as seen in earlier post) this month. He is such a fun guy! He absolutely LOVES sports and spends hours playing football with Cole and letting his big brother "coach" him. When he has a frowny face, it can easily be turned into a smile with a little coaxing from his daddy. What a good big brother he has become to Kade. He likes to make sure he is not playing with something he shouldn't have and loves to make him laugh and smile. Whenever he wakes up from his nap, he says "Good morning!" and comes to give me a snuggle. I love this kid!
Cole is our big 5 year old! As the oldest he has asked me lately, "Why do you still treat me like a kid?". I tell him he'll always be my baby and I'm never going to let him grown up! Too bad for me though, he is well on his way! He is such a good reader, speller, and writer. He loves to write books and cards to people. He also has a very giving heart, he wants to earn money so that he can buy something special for the kids in Kenya, who don't have much of anything. I'm excited for him to be in kindergarten next year, it will be quite an adventure!
Adam is still working for Idaho Power as a project scheduler, going on 2 years. He enjoys his work and is thinking he'd like to settle in and see where Idaho Power can take him. He was able to do a little elk hunting and a deer hunt with his dad and brothers in North Idaho this fall. We now have venison in the freezer and Adam has another notch in his hunting belt! He is playing in a basketball league this winter with some guys from work and takes Cole with him to many of his games. He is the BEST dad and the boys can't get enough of paying football, doing projects, and just hanging out with their dad.
I'm still on the oncology unit at St. Luke's 2 evenings a week and am home with the boys the rest of the time, which I love! I love being able to see first hand my kids growing up and be their teacher for this short time that I have them at home. I love being a nurse and get to do that as well, but my priority is at home right now. The boys keep me busy and besides adding a new baby, my year has been pretty low key. I was in a women's Bible Study at church, studying the major and minor prophets this past fall, which was awesome to get into the word a little more in depth. I am excited to see what God has in store for my life and my family in 2012 and trust that He will guide us.
I become more thankful each year for the blessings I've been given. A husband who is my best friend, partner, an incredible dad, and all around awesome guy! Three beautiful sons who are so healthy and full of life. An incredible extended family who supports us and loves us unconditionally. Wonderful friends who encourage and help us, and whom we have so much fun with! And a Savior who was born one December night in a lowly manger. A God who loves us so much that he gave his one and only son, so we can be wiped clean of all the mistakes and blunders we make and can live with Him in heaven one day. What more could I ask for!
1 comment:
Great post Shaanti.....we LOVE your family and are truly grateful for you guys!
Post a Comment