It seems like we've been really busy lately but when I step back and look at what we've done, most of it is just regular life. We've been to both our parents cabins over the last 2 weekends which was lots of fun and good relaxation. Adam plays on a softball league one night a week and I work two evenings a week so it seems like before we know it another week has passed us by. I keep thinking I'd like to do a BBQ and have some friends over and then suddenly the week is over and I think, okay, maybe next week! We're looking forward to a weekend at home this weekend and celebrating Father's Day. Here's some little tidbits to update everyone on what's been going on...
Kade - Our little baby is now 4 months old! He just had his 4 month check-up last week and is doing great! He weighed 17lb 8 oz and was 25 inches long! We grow em' big around here:-) He's super smiley and we love to try to make him laugh. His eyes follow me wherever I go and I dare say, he loves his mommy very much! He loves his exersaucer and is starting to enjoy tummy time a little more. He rolled over for the first time from his tummy to his back on Tuesday! He did it three time in a row for Cole and I but as soon as I got the video camera, he stopped. He is so much fun and I love him dearly!
Mason - Mason is as much a 2 1/2 year old as one could ever be. He loves to laugh, copy everything Cole does, climb and jump, snuggle after his nap, color, play any kind of ball (but especially basketball), and ride his scooter. He says he loves everything. The other day he was sitting on the potty and said "I wuv going poo mom!" And then there's the "other" Mason. This little boy goes from one naughty thing to the next without batting an eyelash. He grabs any phone, ipod, camera, etc as fast as he can and goes and hides with it. His favorite phrase is "Don't want to!" as he makes a very good scowl. As mad as he makes me sometimes, he makes me laugh and smile 10 times more! Only a year and a half until we see the light at the end of the tunnel! Oh, and he's potty trained now which is awesome!!!
Cole - He's so smart and fun! I think he's at such a great age, especially when I get the chance to do something with just the two of us. He LOVES to ride his bike and despite some pretty good wrecks, he keeps wanting to get back on and try new tricks. He has read through all the blue box of BOB books (2 and 3 letter words). He loves to read and write and do crafts. Everyday he asks to do the slip n' slide, even when it's been 60 degrees. Yesterday we finally got it out and he was thrilled! He loves that Mason will usually do whatever he wants him to and uses it to his advantage. He always wants the biggest piece and right now Mason doesn't know the difference so it works. He is such a sweet big brother to Kade and is a very big helper too. He won't go to kindergarten next year and we decided to do home pre-school next year. It will challenge me to keep him challenged!
Adam - He has been at Idaho Power for over a year now and is enjoying it. He got to go float tube fishing with my dad, Casey, and Chad a few weeks ago and has fun though the weather didn't cooperate at all! He's gotten into mountain biking a little with a guy from work and has enjoyed that.
I'm the same:-) Working a couple evenings a week and taking care of the boys. I'm looking forward to helping with our church's Vacation Bible School in a couple weeks and am excited that it's the first time Cole can go! I'm trying to get back into a workout routine and am planning on doing a race at the end of August with some friends. It's called the Dirty Dash and it's a 10K run/obstacle course in the mud! Should be fun:-)
That's us in a nutshell!!!
2 comments:
I love how you do updates on each kiddo...I need to be better about that, just don't have the energy
:-) I love your kids, they are awesome! And we would love to come over for a BBQ anytime :-)because we love hangin with you guys!
love it!!!!!!!!!!! Bev
Post a Comment