.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

God's Perfect Timing

I have to post about our very amazing, unusual week. Adam has been really struggling in his job for the last year or so. He was doing the job of about 3 people, wasn't being able to use his creative talents, wasn't enjoying his work, and was really feeling worn out by the low moral in his work place. He'd been putting in applications for other jobs for the last year but of course, hadn't heard anything. (It seems jobs aren't easy to come by these days!) Well, about two weeks ago he got a call from a company called Petra, Inc., a commercial construction company. They wanted to set up a meeting with him. He was pretty excited because he knows what a great company they are. A couple of days later, he got another call... from another company who wanted an interview. The next day, he got a call saying that he had been picked for a phone interview for a job at Idaho Power. It was unreal that after probably over a year of sending in resumes and applying for jobs, he had 3 interviews in a matter of 2 weeks.
He went to the first two but wasn't supposed to hear anything back until the beginning of April or later. After his phone interview with Idaho Power, he got a call saying they would like to do a face-to-face interview a couple of days later. So last Friday he had the interview and felt good about it, but obviously knew he was up against some tough competition. He has a lot of construction experience but none in utilities so he didn't know how that would play into their decision. They told him he would hear back on Monday or Tuesday of this week if he was their top canidate. So I called him a couple of times Monday morning to see if they had called and he hadn't heard anything yet. I decided I wasn't doing any good bugging him at work so I tried just being patient. I went to run some errands and took the boys over to Target to buy New Moon:-) Halfway through shopping I realized I left my phone in the car. As soon as I got back to the car I saw 2 missed calls, both from him. Of course I called back right away and he said that he had gotten a call saying he was their top choice!!! I was soooooo proud of him and so excited for him! All that was left was for him to pass the drug screening and background check. Yikes, that could be a deal breaker... just kidding! I knew he should be home free for a job offer. We were both ecstatic and he couldn't wait to put his 2 weeks in at work and move on.
Then things took an interesting turn. He went in to work on Tuesday and got called in to his boss's office. They had decided to eliminate his position and were laying him off!!! It just seemed too unreal that this was all happening within a day of each other! I think you're supposed to be very stressed and upset when you get laid off, but other than feeling cheated out of being able to go in and quit, Adam felt pretty good about it. They wanted him to finish out the week and train a couple of guys on what he did, talk about unmotivation to work! So all he was waiting on was the official job offer from Idaho Power which came on Wednesday. I have to say it is one of the best things to see your husband being blessed and knowing that he is getting an opportunity that he is really excited for and truly deserves!
He is going to be able to take the next 2 weeks off and then start as a Project Scheduler for Idaho Power. What a blessing all the way around! I am so proud of my husband and have been praying for his career for a long time. It's exciting to know he is where God wants him and in God's timing. God has told me he has incredible plans for Adam and I am so glad that I'm going to get to be along for the ride and see what the next few years bring for him and our family! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!!!

3 comments:

Jason A. Small said...

Congratulations! What fabulous news!

Krissi said...

I was hoping for a "Praise the Lord" bit at the end and you didn't disappoint! The Lord knows us and our needs before we even know. I'm so happy for you and Adam! What a great example you have for the 2 little 'Dads-in-training" you have in your home! ;-) Congrats Adam!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

We are so happy for him. How awesome that Jason gets to work at the same company again with him
:-) God does truly answer our prayers and has the plan for our lives :-)