
So September has been flying by at lightening speed! I haven't had my camera to take pictures of the boys and our activities because it has been at elk camp most of the month. Adam and his brothers drew a really great elk tag this year. It is down by the Idaho/Nevada border and only 15 people get tags. Needless to say, he was thrilled to have "the hunt of a lifetime"! He was able to take time off work around a lot of the weekends to be able to hunt 15 out of 30 days this month! Yeah, can you imagine how excited I was? The boys and I went with him the first weekend and

camped which was fun. We were able to see some elk cows and calves and even saw a large bull. The guys really got into some big bulls and were really excited! I thought, great, this isn't gonna take long to get a bull with all the action going on! It is now the 4th weekend and still no elk! Okay, that's not completely true. No elk for Adam but his brothers both got nice 6 point elk last weekend which was really exciting. Adam has passed on a 5X6 and a small 6 point... I cried when he told me he passed up the 6 point, I want my hubby back!!! He's holding out for a trophy and I know that it's not the most important thing to pray about, but I'm truly praying that a MONSTER bull walks 5 yards in front of him this morning and he can't pass it up! Keep ya posted!
2 comments:
oh, I got really excited for you for a second when I saw Adam with that elk! Let's hope he gets one this weekend!
Jason had to come check out your blog. He even had to click on the pictures to enlarge them. ;-) From one hunting widow to another, Hang In There! Jason said the pictures on there are ones he's looking at shooting around here, and that's not a tag to draw for, so I'm sure Adam knows what he's doing looking for the monster hiding out there! ;-) Does he hunt rifle also or is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Post a Comment