Last weekend Cole and Adam had their first father-son backyard campout. Cole was so excited, all day he kept asking, "Is it time to campout yet?". When Adam finally got the tent out to set up Cole could hardly contain himself! He wanted to help with everything and couldn't stop going in and out of the tent. They set up their sleeping bags and got out flashlights, which was a highlight for Cole! Once it started getting dark, we roasted some smores
in our fire pit and got ready for bed. They headed out for the tent and for the next half an hour I could see the flashlight moving around in the tent (Cole I'm sure). I was all comfy, watching a good TV movie, having the bed all to myself. About an hour had passed and I had just fallen asleep when the door opens and in comes Adam and a crying Cole. "I want to sleep in the tent!" he cried. Apparently he had been crying for a half hour to come inside and sleep in his bed. I realized I had forgotten to
take his blankie and binky out with them, that may have had something to do with it. Once inside though, he wanted to go back out. This could have gone on for a long time but Adam distracted him by telling him he could sleep on the top bunk that night instead. That seemed to suffice and we all had a good night sleep! I think Adam was secretly glad, he wasn't looking forward to a night on the hard ground:-)Oh well, you have to start somewhere. An hour of camping out is pretty good for a 2 year old! There will be lots more to come;-)
3 comments:
So funny! We can't even mention the C-word until we are 20 minutes from leaving, cuz even at 8 and 5, my boys get giddy like Cole.
I'm sure you will have plenty of slow nights to yourself as your boys get older and go hunting/camping with their Daddy (on those times you don't go along for the ride)!
What a great idea. I will have to mention the backyard camping to Tyler for next summer with Katelyn. :)
SO FUN! I always love your blog. It looks great all the time :)
Post a Comment