.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mason's Firsts...

So over the last couple of weeks, Mason has had a few of his big "FIRSTS"!

He has been working on sitting up and is now pretty good at it. He still topples to the sides and back occasionally but is really getting steady! I think his big tummy helps hold him up from the front:-)

Last week he had his first solid food... rice cereal, yummmmm! You really can't get much blander than infant



rice cereal but they all seem to enjoy it before they've tasted real flavor. He gave the usual funny faces saying, "What is this?", "I'm not sure I like this.", and "Here, take it back!". He did really well and even decided he wanted to try his hand at manning the spoon himself! Other than ramming it down his throat, he did okay:-)

The other first is rolling over. While I was at work on Sunday Adam told me Mason rolled over for the first time! Of course I was sad because I missed it but was excited that he finally did it! Then when I got home there was no way he was going to show me his new trick, he just fussed every time I tried to put him on his tummy. Well, today I got my chance to see! I put him on his tummy and helped him a couple times and then it seemed to click. After that he rolled over about 10 times and would hardly wait for me to get the camera going before he'd roll again! When I would clap and praise him he'd just smile really big, knowing he'd done something I liked! What a sweet boy!

So, at 5 1/2 months, those are Mason's tricks! We'll start him on some veggies next week so I'll post some picks of that. Those are always good for some laughs!



3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a big boy! Even though I see him lots, I still can't believe how much he's grown! He can do so much now. It's so fun to see his tricks and that cute smile. :-)

The Palmers said...

I love the new tricks! What a cutie. I hope we can visit face to face soon.

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

Shaant, he is adorable. How are you? I would love to get together soon. Give me a call.
Shell