.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I'm a little hesitant to use my camera right now because it is all charged and ready for the new baby's arrival and I know as soon as I take it out to use it the battery will get all used up, I'll misplace it, and then forget it on our way to the hospital. I wanted to post anyways and feel like I have a good reason!
We had a really good sermon today on praise and thanksgiving to God! It talked about how praise is not a product of our outside circumstances but comes from the inside and is a choice. The second point was that a thankful heart should be focused on how good God is, not how things are going around us. There were ten reasons given for a thankful heart and I'd like to share them and let you know why I'm thankful this year for each one!
1. He forgives all my sins! (Psalms 103:2, 12)
- Well, what can I say, I'm a sinner and it's awsome to know my sins have been wiped away.
2. He heals my diseases.
- Adam's dad was completely healed of viral encephalitis that came on so quickly and suddenly and could have taken his life or left him with long term side-effects.
3. He redeems my life from the pit. (Psalms 103:4)
- When I'm overcome with fear or worry about things out of my control, he offers me peace that I can't find anywhere else.
4. He crowns me with love.
- He continually teaches me about unconditional love and slowly I'm grasping it and trying to live my life by showing that.
5. He satisfies my desire with good things. (Psalms 103:5)
- I have an absolutely incredible husband and son and can't wait to meet my second son! That's about as good as it gets!
6. He renews my youth.
- He give me the energy every day to take care of Cole:-)
7. He works for the oppressed. (Psalms 103:6)
- Adam's brother is out of work right now, with a new home and a baby on the way. God is giving them peace as they trust Him. It's awsome to see how we can learn to see things in a way most of the world can't because we have a loving Savior!
8. He gives me a foundation to stand on. (Psalms 103:7-8)
- He is the only things we can cling to and feel safe with in the world right now. The economy is scary and jobs are insecure but I know that my foundation is solid!
9. He doesn't treat me like I deserve. (Psalms 103:9-11)
- There are plenty of times that I get too busy to spend time daily with God and He is always there, waiting for me with open arms, never forsaking me!
10. He is a great Father to me. (Psalms 103:13-22)
- I'm so thankful for my dad here on earth and how great he is. God has just given me a glimpse through that of how great a Father he is and He always provides what I need, even when I don't know what that is.

I just felt like sharing about how much there is to be thankful for. I've been so blessed in my life and I know it is because God is so good, not because of the things I've done or because I deserve it in anyway. As you enter this week of Thanksgiving, take a look at your life, I'm sure it'll open your eyes to how much you have to give thanks to God for! Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Krissi said...

Amen Sista! I may just have to post my own Thankful post! Thanks for the prompt...

Amy said...

That's what I was just thinking, Krissi... Although I haven't set up my own blog yet. Someday, right? Anyway, thanks, Shaanti for the reminder!

I'm praying for you!!

Krissi said...

Just checking in with you to see if you're still pregnant. I'm thinking of you. Good luck if I don't hear from you before you're a mother of 2!!!