.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fly Fishing Fun!

Over the 4th of July weekend we went to my parent's cabin in McCall. Casey and Kim, Jenny, Chad and Troy, my Granpda Johnson, my cousin Sarah, my parents, and Adam, Cole, and I all stayed there. It was so much fun! We spent a lot of time lounging around enjoying the cooler weather, 4-wheeling, hot tubbing, and fishing. My family is really big on fly fishing. From my Grandpa - the great fly fisherman- to my sister Jenny - who backcasts into the weeds about 10 times before getting the line out in the water, we all at least enjoy getting out there on the water and throwing out the line! The guys spent about every available moment fishing and the girls went out a few times inbetween kids' naps, etc. We had some great catches and it was a blast! I think Casey and Kim tied for the biggest at about 19 or 20inches and Casey had the most (because he'd sneak out before breakfast to hit the river). My best catch was about 16 inches and was the biggest I've ever caught fly fishing. Adam had some good sized fish as well, and my dad even caught on left handed since his right arm is in a sling for the summer! I'm so thankful for such a fun place to go and for God's great country to enjoy! What a great weekend!!!

P.S. I had to throw in a new picture of our new nephew Troy. He is sooooooooo cute!!!

1 comment:

Joyful Mama said...

Those are some pretty big fish!! We really missed seeing everybody on Tuesday, but we were out of town! We can't wait to meet Troy. Is Cole enjoying his new cousin? How are you feeling???