.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Off to Kindergarten

We had a HUGE milestone today in our family.  Our very first, first day of school!  Cole was off to Kindergarten this morning and could hardly contain his excitement!  He has been counting down weeks, then days, then hours and minutes until he started school.  I'm absolutely sure he is going to thrive in school and have such a great time.  He makes friends so easily and just loves to learn.  I've been so excited and a little nervous for him, as a mom, wanting to make sure he is safe, well liked, not bullied, and doesn't learn anything he shouldn't:-)  Not that I can control any of that, so I will just pray he has a great school experience. 
I think Mason is a little put out by all the attention Cole has been getting for starting school.  The other day I told him we would have to do some special things together while Cole is at school.  He said, "I don't want to do special things!  I don't like special things!"  I knew he would come around and this morning when we got home from walking Cole to school, he said, "Can we do some special things?".  I hugged him and kissed him and said, "I was hoping you would say that!".  Hopefully Kade will take a little morning nap so I can have a little Mase time! 
Adam went into work a little late and walked with us to school, which Cole was really excited about.  The other boys didn't quite make it out of their pj's but we'll get the hang of this having to get around by a certain time in the morning thing soon enough.  I wanted to hang around and be a little fly on the wall today in Cole's class but I'll be super excited to hear all about it when he comes home! 
Breakfast of choice of the "Special plate"... egg in a hole and bacon.

"K" for Kindergarten!

Walking to school


Enough picture already



 Happy First Day of School!!!

2 comments:

Missy Small said...

I love it--what an awesome day! And I love Adam's mug of coffee. How nice to be a walk-to-school family!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Way to go Cole!!! Hard to believe they are getting so big :-(