We just got back yesterday from a trip to Redfish Lake with the Huszar family. They are good friends of ours and have 3 boys as well, Emery (3), Owen (1 1/2), and Jake (4 months). We rented a cabin by the lodge and had a great time boating , playing on the beach, fishing, and hanging out. The first night I think each of the 6 boys was up at least once during the night, that doesn't leave a lot of undisturbed time for sleep:-)
The lake is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! It is crystal clear and the Sawtooth Mountains are spectacular right behind it. The beach was perfect for the kids since the depth is only about 2-3 ft for 100 yards out. Adam and Jason did some jumping off rocks into the lake and we found a couple cool waterfalls to hike around. Adam and Jason also wakeboarded but it was just a little chilly for Christy and I. Especially since it poured down rain and even hailed while we were there! Right by our cabin we had a momma dear and her two fawns that would come out everyday. They were not skittish at all and we got to get pretty close to them.
We went to the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery and got to see the fish in the pools and also let the kids fish the kid's pond. They provide poles and bait for kids to fish free, pretty cool! Cole and Mason each caught rainbow trout. Cole actually cast, hooked, reeled, and landed an 18 inch rainbow trout all by himself! He was SO excited and proud of himself! He said, "Now I don't need to practice fishing anymore because I'm so good!". He's got a bit to learn about being a lifetime learner.
The lake is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! It is crystal clear and the Sawtooth Mountains are spectacular right behind it. The beach was perfect for the kids since the depth is only about 2-3 ft for 100 yards out. Adam and Jason did some jumping off rocks into the lake and we found a couple cool waterfalls to hike around. Adam and Jason also wakeboarded but it was just a little chilly for Christy and I. Especially since it poured down rain and even hailed while we were there! Right by our cabin we had a momma dear and her two fawns that would come out everyday. They were not skittish at all and we got to get pretty close to them.
We went to the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery and got to see the fish in the pools and also let the kids fish the kid's pond. They provide poles and bait for kids to fish free, pretty cool! Cole and Mason each caught rainbow trout. Cole actually cast, hooked, reeled, and landed an 18 inch rainbow trout all by himself! He was SO excited and proud of himself! He said, "Now I don't need to practice fishing anymore because I'm so good!". He's got a bit to learn about being a lifetime learner.
It was a fun trip and we're always glad to spend time with our good friends. Redfish is definitely a place I plan on frequenting over the years!
Jason and Adam rock jumping.
2 comments:
You got some great shots, love your family ones! We LOVE your family, thanks for the memories!
what awesome pictures--especially that one of Adam jumping the wake! I'm glad to see the tradition of making up family songs/cheers while camping is still alive and well.
Post a Comment