.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Updates...

I haven't posted lately because our computer is totally down and out. Jenny and Chad loaned us their laptop while Chad is rebuilding our computer for us and I can't download pictures from my camera to this computer. I thought, well, I just need to post and add pics later. So here's what the last month has been like at our house.

We spent New Years Eve at my parents house for a little party. Played some games, ate some food, chit chatted a lot. Everyone made it up to midnight, including the kids. Amazingly they did so well and just played but then crashed on the way home. Even though we all looked like a bunch of zombies sitting on the couch waiting for the countdown, the point was that we made it! We then spent the middle part of New Years Day at a really cool hotsprings just outside of Emmett. It's called Roy's Rocksprings and we went with Adam's family. It was lots of fun and everyone enjoyed the 98 degree pool, despite the 20 degree weather outside:-) I'm thinking about that for Cole's birthday party next year.

We've been enjoying a low key January so far. No trips anywhere, not too many plans, etc. My parents were kind enough to take our boys for the whole weekend a couple weeks ago and let us have a kid free couple of days before baby boy number 3 arrives! We went to PF Changs for dinner, went to a movie, rented a movie, ran errands without kids to pack in and out, and went out to breakfast! Yeah, it was so relaxing!!! We'd forgotten what it was like to get up at whatever time we wanted, go sit in the hot tub by ourselves, and to not have to think of anyone but ourselves for a little while. We adore our kids and it was fun to get them back and hear about their fun weekend with Granny and Papa but we had a very nice time alone:-) The kids got an invitation and got to fill out a questionaire about their favorite things prior to their special weekend. They got to go see a movie and then went to Chuck E. Cheese's. They did lots of crafts, including sun catchers for Cole. Cole got to bring his BB gun and shoot it with Papa and Mason got to help Papa feed the mules. They really did not want it to end. Hopefully it won't be the last:-)

We've joined in the wintertime illnesses with coughs lasting for weeks and Mason having Bronchitis. Thankfully that is all on the mend and we're getting back to normal. Last night both boys slept all night which was a blessing, I've really been praying for that! Mason has been sick and hasn't slept all night in a while. Cole usually sleeps like a champ so that's great. Now that both boys are in the same room, its a little nerve racking when one wakes up crying or something but they've done great and I think they like sharing a room.

I'm now almost 35 weeks along. I had an ultrasound yesterday with Dr. Koszalka and things looked good. As anxious as I am to be done with pregnancy, it is definitely too early to have him. I'm anticipating he'll have a stay in the NICU due to all the antibody issues, so we don't need any premature issues as well. We're just taking it week by week and seeing what the ultrasounds show. They have gone up a little but are still at the non-anemic level. The last growth measurements we had (about 3-4 weeks ago) showed that this little boy was already around 5lb. 7oz. and that he has a big, chubby tummy. So even though now is a little early, I wouldn't mind him being a little early and not coming out a 12 pounder or something. I feel like my belly is huge and it must be because I'm getting really tired of hearing comments about how I must be due any day and, "what, it isn't twins?" or watching people's eyes get huge when they look at me. Oh well, I know he's nice and healthy:-) I'm having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions which are uncomfortable but not painful and his knees are really giving my ribs a hard time. He's been head down for quite a while now and has been getting the hiccups at least once a day. We still don't have a name, I'm starting to think we really will be picking at delivery. I'd love for the boys to get used to a name but Adam just isn't ready to decide on one. I have a regular OB appointment with Auntie Fay this afternoon so I'm hoping that everything looks good there too. Mostly that I haven't gained much weight!

That's our last few weeks in a nutshell. I'll be adding pics soon. I'm really hoping our new computer will be done prior to baby so that I can get baby pictures on here as soon as able when he's born. We'll keep you updated on our next few weeks, they are going to bring lots of excitement!!!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wait till the tabloids get wind that you are carrying a 5 foot 7 inch (5'7") baby boy... X-files episode?

Meet the Bucher's said...

Ha, ha, it feels like he's that big! I changed it to 5lb 7oz so no one else mistakens my child for a strange creature:-)

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Yay for updates :-) I know the feeling about the huge comments and I am 27 weeks. You look beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet your baby boy! I still can't believe we will have 6 boys between us, it's going to be nuts!!