.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bountiful Basket

I am so excited! My friend Brenda turned me onto a local farmer's co-op called Bountiful Baskets. They get all their produce from as locally as possible, some is not that close but they do their best. They just started a few months ago I believe and this week started sites in Boise, Meridian, Star, and Nampa. I went this morning and got my basket and was very happy with what I got. For $15 I got 8 bananas, 7 apples, 6 bosc pears, 2 asian pears, a bag of grapes, about 8 persimmons, cauloflower, collard greens, a large bag of green beans, a bag of potatoes, a bag of brussel sprouts, and a thing of grape tomatoes. I also signed up and got their whole grain bread, 5 loaves for $10 which looks great! I'm looking forward to continuing with them. If anyone else is interested, it's http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/. Also, anyone have any good persimmon recipes?

3 comments:

Missy Small said...

This looks awesome! (Although I have a hard time believing they are finding bananas locally in November... :)) No persimmon recipes, but I'm doing roasted brussell sprouts this week...we'll have to compare notes.

Meet the Bucher's said...

So local is maybe not the best description. I think if it's not local, they try to buy it from small farmers vs. larger farms.

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

Wow. That looks super yummy. :)