.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Big 3-0!

This weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday. I can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me, even with most of my friends already having turned 30. I still feel like I'm in my early 20's or maybe 25 at the most:-) Despite turning another decade older, I haven't had a meltdown or felt the need for an early midlife crisis. I've handled it pretty well!I had one of the best birthdays I've ever had though. Adam and the boys cooked me breakfast in bed and let me have some time to relax and read in bed. I opened my birthday present, a beautiful new cruiser bike with a bell and a basket on the front! I LOVE it!!! Then we got around and met some friends at Linder Farms and took a hayride out to pick pumpkins. It was lots of fun and the boys had a blast! After heading home for a quick lunch and short nap for Mason, we dropped the boys off at Keith and Michelle's and Adam surprised me with a trip on the Thunder Mountain Railroad's Wine and Dine train. I have wanted to do that for so long and we had a great time! They served ceasar salad, chicken parmesan, rice pilaf, glazed carrots, and homemade cheesecake for dessert! We stopped in Banks at their pumpkin patch and added 2 more pumpkins to our collection for the day and then headed back to Horseshoe Bend. What a great day!!!
I'm actually looking forward to starting my 30's. As I get older I find myself less apt to be a people pleaser and am stronger in what I believe. I've had 30 years to grow as a person and know that I'm getting better every year. I look forward to having my 3rd baby and raising 3 wonderful boys. I think 30 is going to be a good year!

3 comments:

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

What a great birthday! Glad we got to spend a little of it with you! You are a great person, friend, wife and mother....the people in your life are blessed
:-)

Oh and I am really happy you are in your 30's now too!!

Missy Small said...

Good work, Adam! Way to make the big 3-0 special!

Jenny said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday. I'm so glad Adam had such a fun day planned for you. 30! Man, time goes so fast! Love you!