

I made a great accomplishment this weekend! I ran my first 1/2 marathon (maybe my only). I ran with a my friends Renee and Tracy and after 3 months of training, we finally did it. We ran the Idaho Potato 1/2 Marathon in Boise and it was an absolutely beautiful day for it. The run was along the greenbelt from Lucky Peak Lake to Ann Morrison park. I finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes which was faster than I ever thought I'd be able to run it. Adam and the boys were there at the finish to cheer me on which made the last little bit bearable! I've learned that I can actually enjoy running for more than 2 miles but I'm so glad that I won't be feeling the pressure to have to go run a 10 miler each weekend. I'm actually thinking of a 10K next month but don't hold me to it!

2 comments:
Good work!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
You did awesome Shaanti!! We should get all the girls in our Bible study to do a race together sometime. Renee may even agree to it if it is a 10k or shorter. :)
Post a Comment