.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Friday, May 1, 2009

A long 2 weeks!

We've had quite a long 2 weeks. Other than Mason's birth/NICU, it's been the time with most medical attention needed at our house ever!
Two weeks ago, Cole started it all off! He fell on the cement stairs at my mom's house and bruised his cheek. Then that evening, he fell through a broken floor board on our neighborhood playground and caught himself by his head, dangling there for a minute before I got to him to pull him out. That warranted an ER visit which turned out fine but he came out with a big goose-egg over his eye and 2 shiners! A couple days after that he came down with a cold and had a nose that wouldn't stop running and a cough that would make anyone without 10 feet cringe. He was quite a site! (the pictures don't do it justice)

Once he started feeling better, he decided to share. Mason started in with a stuffy nose and cough. Adam and I started to feel it too. For Mason though, it kept getting worse and worse. His little airway couldn't handle all the congestion and he started wheezing and really struggling to breathe! I took him to our doctor on Tuesday and they admitted him to the hospital. He was started on some oxygen and needed nebulized medication to decrease the inflammation in his airways and deep suctioning (tube down the nose to his lungs). It also took them 5 pokes before they were able to draw his labs! He was not happy to say the least. Thankfully though, God answered our prayers in getting him well quickly. We got to come home last night after just 2 1/2 days in the hospital. He's still got a nasty cough and will for a few more days most likely but he can at least cough productively and I can get stuff out with a bulb syringe vs. the suction at the hospital. Poor little guy, he's had way more than his share of medical stuff in his short life!

So, now that we're all on the mend, I feel like I need to totally disinfect my house and get things back in order before I work this weekend... good luck Adam:-)

6 comments:

Missy Small said...

oh, these are SAD pictures! :( I'm so glad they are on the mend!

Krissi said...

Oh poor little guys! The first picture of Mason with the oxygen is so cute, but so sad at the same time. It's not fun to have sick ones. Hoping your spring comes quickly and everyone can have a healthy summer - you need it!

Jenny said...

Oh, those pictures of Cole are so sad, especially the one with the shiners! Poor little guy. Man, what with Cole getting beat up by inanimate objects and a virus, and Mason hospitalized, you have had quite the 2 weeks!

Amanda Gingerich said...

No kidding about the inanimate objects! I can't believe the floorboard went out! Poor guys, I hope your week goes much better this week. You definitely saw God's protection at work!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Sorry to hear about Mason being in the hospital and poor Cole, you guys have had more than your fair share. Glad everyone is feeling better!!!

cathy said...

you do such a great job on this blogsite! the pictures are great. can't wait to meet mason and gage and see cole and you all SOON.