.

.
GOD IS GOOD!!!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

Well, I've finally broken down and entered the world of blogging! After seeing so many of my friends and family with really fun blogs, I thought I'd join in! I figured now is as good a time as any since we just got back from an incredible family trip to Hawaii and have all the pictures to prove it!

Adam, Cole, and I left cold, snowy Boise on Feb 17th to meet my parents and all my sibs/sib-in-laws (Missy/Jason, Jenny/Chad, Casey/Kim) in Oahu, Hawaii. My parents had saved up their timeshare there so we could all go together for a week! It was absolutely fabulous!!! I don't think the weather dipped below 70, even at night and it was sunny and warm every single day! We did some deep sea fishing, had massages in little cabanas on the beach, snorkeled, swam and layed out in the sun, and ate waaaaaayyyyyyy too much food! It was so fun to be able to spend a whole uninterupted week with my family. I felt like Cole finally got to spend time with Missy, Jason, Kim and Casey at a time when he is old enough to remember them and enjoy spending time with them! He really loves his Aunt MeeMee, a name that Missy started out cringing about and now I think secretly doesn't mind:-)

With so many "babysitters" around, Adam and I got to enjoy a couple nights out alone as well which was a very nice treat! We are starting to understand much more how precious our time as a couple is, now that we have a very talkative, busy toddler around the house!

Anyways, we returned a week later to find the snow finally melted but still a frigid 50 degrees! (Just the week before we left I was thinking 50 degrees was pretty warm!) Although we could have stayed much longer, it is good to get settled back at home and get Cole into his routine. Plus, I think Adam's parents would have missed Cole too much had we stayed any longer!

Hopefully this gives you a little glimpse into our life and you'll want to keep coming back to check our blog! Thanks for visiting!!!

6 comments:

Missy Small said...

I love the blog! How fun! And I have to confess, I prefer being called "MeeMee" to "No!" Cole and I are much, much happier together now. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Looks like everyone had a really great time together. Those trips are pretty special! I'm anxious to hear and see more...nothing like Hawaii!

kary

Krissi said...

What a fun trip! And welcome to blogland. It'll be fun to see pictures more often of Cole (and you and Adam too of course)!

The Palmers said...

Your family is SO cute! Looks like you had a blast in Hawaii, how could you not? 70 degrees!! I love the blog, keep it up :)
Melissa Palmer

Anonymous said...

OK, so Missy & Jason may be upset, thinking I don't even read their blog, but I have a time or two. I like your blog and just had to check it out. I love you guys in person AND on your blog! And I am having withdrawals - both from Hawaii and my kids/grandkid!

Mom

julia bowman pane said...

You did such a great job with this page! I love being able to have a glimpse into your lives, as I miss you and feel the time between our visits is way too long. Cole has got to be the cutest little boy ever born, and you and Adam look like you had a great time in Hawaii. I miss you and love you, can not wait to see you again here soon! xoxo Julia....PS I love Francine Rivers and just bought that same book....do you like it?